Monday, September 05, 2005

Sure, you want fries with that?

Sunday morning. 3:30 AM.

[Phone rings]

Lone Primate: Hello?

20-something guy: ...Hello?

Lone Primate: Hello?

20-something guy: Who's this?

Lone Primate: [exasperated snort] You tell me!

20-something guy: This is Art.

Lone Primate: Uh huh?

20-something guy: I was looking for some girls there.

Lone Primate: Well, I'm sorry, I can't help you.

20-something guy: Wow, that sucks.

Lone Primate: Yeah, doesn't it. I think you have the wrong number.

20-something guy: Okay, take care. [hangs up]

----------------

Sorry to disappoint you, Art. Even sorrier that whatever girl had the good sense to blow you off with a fake telephone number happened to give you mine. And I'm sorriest of all there are no girls at my place. But you know what? If there were, I don't think I'd be inclined to share with you anyway. :)

No comments: