Friday, January 07, 2005

Happy Newd Year

It's been a while since I posted anything on here. A few things have gone on, of course.

Well, first of all, it's seven months today since Jody died. He's been in my mind a lot lately. Yesterday, I printed a photo of him to put beside the little cedar chest with his ashes. It was the one where he's sitting at his computer desk, turning in his chair, smiling at the camera. I guess it's from 1999 or 2000 or so. Everything was still ahead of him.

Jody's dad has started chemo and radiation treatments again. He says he'll fight but I sense a certain resignation. He keeps saying that he's on the same path as Jody was. But what else can he say, I guess? He did all that research in the course of Jody's illness. He knows what's typical.

Trying to think what else. There's a lot, but I just don't have the patience to lay it all out right now. I'll try to get back to this later.

No comments: