Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cat on a Soft Box Roof

I had the weirdest dream last night. I don't remember much of it, but I remember I was down in the finished basement of some suburban home. One room was kind of set aside for ping pong and that kind of stuff, and in there, one of cats, who had in the dream recently begun making herself almost passably understood in English, had begun unfolding the big boxes used for moving and was building a kind of fort with the unfolded boxes for walls. She wanted us (me, her, and my other cat) to play inside it; a big round area inside the ping-pong room. My mother was in the dream and she couldn't see how amazing it all was... she thought it was just messy nonsense. Well, that's my mom for you. :)

It was really strange. It was surprising how persuasive it was. I woke up feeling really disappointed when I realized it was, of course, absurd... and that I wouldn't be able to converse with my cat in reality. I hate when I get sucked in by dreams that deeply.

No comments: