Thursday, February 07, 2013

Momentarily

Quite an age we're living in. I'm sitting in a pub in North York, watching the first of a major snow storm as people crawl homeward, waiting for a buddy of mine who works downtown to get here. Meanwhile, I'm using the pub's free wifi to watch Convoy, a movie I haven't seen since I was a young teenager, on YouTube. Now... if only I could walk away from this $2800 computer that belongs to my employer to go relieve myself, all would be, however momentarily, right with the world... :)

2 comments:

Jim Grey said...

One word: Catheter.

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud when I read that. :) I'd say "I'll have to remember that for next time," but when the solution came to me, I was, ah, "flushed" with embarrassment. Some part of my brain woke up and said, "Hey, dumb-dumb, the great thing about a laptop computer is it's PORTABLE. Shut the thing and take it with you."

See, that's what makes humanity great. [Insert something here about technology, blah blah staying in touch with nature, blah blah... it's too early yet.]