Saturday, November 07, 2015

Revisiting the empty chair

I happened to notice that in March I blogged, kind of sadly, about the empty chair here at my left elbow (I'm actually blogging this from the ass groove chair in the living room). Well, as it turns out, just in the last two or three weeks, Seth has actually begun making some use of that spot when I'm working on this little portable EP121 here, sometimes spending upwards of an hour sitting there. It's the chair, and the cat bed, in which Bonnie breathed her last, two and a half years ago... has it really been that long?... but it's not a shrine. It was, and is, intended as a place for the cats to come and keep company. It's nice to see that finally being taken up. It occurs to me that the cat tree I bought around the time I got Seth, and of which he's tremendously fond, is probably the main impediment to him making more use of the chair beside me, but I'll take what I can get. :)

Addendum: the following Sunday

No comments: