Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Kirkhams Road...

I never actually followed up on Kirkhams Road after I was out there in the fall of 2012. I was back a couple of times in 2013... guess I never made it out there this year (he says, with three hours to go in "this" year). But there wasn't much to see. The bridge was finally taken out sometime between my last visit to it in October of 2012 and April of 2013. I suppose the only thing to do as the years go by now will be to follow up on the way that nature reclaims the old road and banks, which have been planted with young trees. Obviously it won't be long before it looks very, very different.

Here's how it looked, variously, in April and August of 2013. These views (largely in contrast to the ones from October, 2012) approach from the north and generally face southward, with the exceptions of the three or four photos of the treed hillside that was formerly the road course, which face back northward.












No comments: