Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A winter in grey

I've always been a fan of the stark beauty of black and white photography, especially in melancholy outdoors scenes. I usually chicken out because I'm afraid I'll miss something if I don't take the full spectrum -- and I tell myself I can always turn colour images into black and white later, but you can't do the reverse.

But today, on the slow creep in, I decided to take in some of the scenes in black and white. These are some of the quietly impressive scenes the day showed me.















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks... I think I'll try a little more B&W photography this winter. Maybe with the XT; it has a red filter setting that might really bring out the drama in a moody sky.

Susanna said...

Nice poinsettia!

laura k said...

I like these photos a lot.

I stopped by to pass along a compliment. Several, actually. Various wmtc readers have mentioned how much they dig your comments - that they learn a lot from you.

That is all.

katherine said...

Very fun! I noticed you posted these on Wed. I've gotten behind on my blogs. Grrrr. Anyway, the photos are fun. I especially like the one on the controls on your car door. ; ) Seriously. Not kidding. Anyway, I'm back on the blog trail now. Later!