Saturday, February 25, 2006

Je t'aime moi non plus


Je t'aime moi non plus
Originally uploaded by Lone Primate.

This is an HDR (high dynamic range) image generated by Photomatix, but not in the usual way. I didn't generate it by combining several images, but the red, green, and blue channels from this (originally colour) photo of merging onto the 401 taken last summer. I exported each channel to a separate JPG, and when prompted by Photomatix, I told it the EV spread was 2.5. I dropped the luminosity to -10, boosted the white cutoff and especially the black cutoff, and set smoothing and microcontrast to high. I like how it seems like something rather bright and exciting is going on just behind the trees at left... there's not much in the original image that would suggest this result. An interesting outcome.

No comments: