Friday, October 19, 2012

Toronto Islands, last spring, invisible

I somehow always manage to forget just how striking digital infrared photography can be in strong sunlight. In going over directories I hadn't keyworded, I came across the shots I took six months ago in April when P-Doug, Larry and I went over to the Islands in the harbour. We spent about two hours wandering west from Ward's Island to Hanlan's Point. Along the way, I was taking 3D shots with the W3, which are fine but kind of ordinary, and infrared shots with the infrared-converted S80. Some of those shots were really kind of startling after six months of having largely forgotten about them. Here are a handful of the ones I considered the best, either in terms of general interest or strong contrasts.

















No comments: