Thursday, June 01, 2006

But first, a word from our monster...

I see by the papers today that for the first time in 27 years, the US is offering to sit down, one-to-one with Iran, and negotiate. In this case, it's the whole question of Iran's nuclear program. But the US will only discuss the matter if Iran shuts down its nuclear program. Uhhh... isn't this like saying "I won't discuss buying your house until you sign it over to me and move out"? I hope nobody out there is dumb enough to fall for this shit and consider it a "serious" offer and point the finger at Iran when they inevitably turn it down... but you know conservatives. Any distort in a storm.

2 comments:

James Redekop said...

isn't this like saying "I won't discuss buying your house until you sign it over to me and move out"?

Not quite, but almost. It's more like saying, "I won't discuss buying your house until you move out of it" -- if I decide not to take it, it'd still be yours to move back into.

Of course, even so there's the tacit "and if you move back in, I'll blow the house up"...

katherine said...

Not to skirt your 'issue' here, but do you want Iran to have Nuclear weapons?