Saturday, October 02, 2004

Even my dreams are square

Well, I had this dream last night. I don't remember much in the way of details. But I do know I that in the dream, I traded in the '05 Spectra I leased in April and bought this big, white, European-style van... you know, with the seats arranged down the sides along the windows facing in instead of forward, leaving empty space between them? I don't know why I did that, but I spent most of the dream sweating the payments and the gas mileage.

I woke up about an hour ago with it nagging me, and then there was that slow, comforting realization that no, it was just a dream, I didn't buy any ridiculous van, and the Spectra is still parked in my spot in the building's underground garage. Isn't that a nice feeling?

I'm pretty sure I know what the dream's about, though. My brain is nagging me about impulse buys. The way my finances work is I'm always flush on the 15th, getting antsy by the 1st, and flat broke by the 14th. That's just how it works; it's going to be like this for years. There's also the huge guilt trip on me this morning that I caved in and ordered pizza last night, the Eighth Deadly Sin. I do fall off the wagon, more and more, it seems. And boy, it doesn't take much to put a pound or two back on. :(

It's 7 in the morning right now, and my radio just came on. Tafelmusik! Paul will be pleased to hear that, if he ever happens to read this.

No comments: