Saturday, October 02, 2004

Power fai—

Just after my last entry, the power went out. For about ten minutes. I was in the middle of working on a drawing in Illustrator. Same one I was working on last night, did an hour's worth of work on, and then didn't save. I thought it was just bugging me because I'd turned layers on and off at the last second, but no, I hadn't saved one second of that work. AUGH!

So this morning, I'm thinking, I'm not making that mistake again. So I get done with about ten minutes worth of work, and then hit save.

Half way through the save, the power goes out.

So I'm starting Illustrator right now to see if even the original file survived, or is it just a corrupted mess.

...Okay, the original file's okay, but all that work is fucking gone AGAIN. This is really getting fucking old. >:(

Also, the radio came back on, and that song "Simple Gifts" was on. If you know the Quaker lyrics, it's the one that goes "T'is the gift to be simple, t'is the gift to be free, t'is the gift to come down where we ought to be..." I always loved the tune in elementary but some guy did variations on it (without the lyrics), and it just... fucking... grinds. On and on and fucking on, the same couple of phrases, over and over, till you just want to smash the guy's skull with a STOP sign. Someday I'd really like to meet the guy and thank him for so completely sucking the joy out of a little melody that once gave me goosebumps.

No comments: