Sunday, May 26, 2013

Still Yellow... still

I listened to Yellow by Coldplay for the first time in several years this afternoon. I'm delighted it remains one of the most beautiful and moving songs in the world. Letting its lyrics fall like tears is the closest I come to devotion. It makes me want to believe in a God like that.

Time to leave the song alone for a while. As I've said here before, I never want that song to become ordinary for me, or lose its power to move me to tears. It's a treasure having a song that can do that for me and I don't want to squander it.

I've expressed my feelings on the song a few times now, and I'm amazed that nearly a decade after I first heard the song, it still has the same power it did then, and six years later, and eight years later. I'm astonished to note that the second post about it was written exactly three years ago today.

No comments: