Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The naming of the cats

I've noted here a number of times that I've never in my life named a cat or dog and had the name stick. But I've given them tons of nicknames, though.

I thought I'd listed the nicknames for the cats over the years, but it seems I really only did it for Max. I can't find references to the others anywhere on here. This was just going to be an update for the new ones, but I think I owe it to be nauseating about them all.

Cat's name: Jenny
Nicknames
Jennifer
Refinnej ["Jennifer" backwards; supplied by Michelle one evening]
Gentlefur
Violin Voice


Cat's name: Bonnie
Nicknames
Pumpkin (Punkin)
Pumpkin Girl (Punkin Girl)
Pumpkin Bum (Punkin Bum)
Pumpkin Niceness
Pumpkinny (Punkinny)
Pumpkinny-Wumpkinny (Punkinny-Wunkinny) [this comes from an episode of Blackadder and is really the basis for all the pumpkin references]
Bon
Bon Bon
Little Girl ("Are you bein' my girl? Who's being my girl?")


Cat's name: Max
Nicknames
Wee Fellah/The Wee Fellah
Wee (Maxy-Wee)
Weasel
Wheezy
Squeezy
Squeezle
Squeeze
Squeezicus
Squeezicus Rex
Squeezicus Max/Maxicus
Squeezorama
Squeezetastic


Cat's name: Twinkle
Nicknames
Twinkly
Twinkly-Dinkly [Twinkle, unfortunately, didn't live with me long enough to have been encumbered with a long list of foolish nicknames.]


Cat's name: Ally
Nicknames
Alison
Alison James [play on "Alice in Chains"]
Alligator
Gator
Alberta
Albertasaurus
Sweetie
Sweetie-Sweetie
Little One [of her, Max, and Bonnie, she was by far the lightest until Bonnie really started shedding her weight this winter; she was and is a third or a quarter the weight of Seth]
Little Little One


Cat's name: Seth
Nicknames
Sethy
Sethy-Wethy
Sethticus
Sethticus Giganticus
Big Fella/The Big Fellah
Use the Scratching Post, Not the Carpet, You Idiot; What's Wrong with You? It's Right There! [unofficial]

No comments: