Friday, June 10, 2005

Firefighters' Memorial at Queen's Park

One of the new things in the city is the Firefighters' Memorial. I was down there a few weeks ago with P-Doug and my buddy Richard, visiting from New England. It's of some importance to me personally because my great-grandfather's name is carved on it. He died fighting a fire in northern Ontario not quite a hundred years ago.

One leaf of the memorial, Queen's Park in the background.

The memorial is situated just southeast of the provincial legislature (a.k.a., Queen's Park) near the intersection of Bloor St. and University Ave. I heard for some time they planned to build it, but the weird thing was, the three of us just came out out of the subway and there it was, fait accompli. It was a wonderful personal bonus to our little sight-seeing trip.

No comments: